All locations of the Wayne County Public Library provide services to homeschooling families. We will be glad to collect materials to complement your current courses of study. Use the (https://wayne.lib.oh.us/services/teacherloans/request)teacher loan request form (https://www.wcpl.info/teacher-loans/) to request materials. Please indicate that this is for a homeschool loan and include a brief description of your lesson plan in the note field.
Parents that homeschool their child may apply for an educator card (https://www.wcpl.info/educator-professional-library-card/). They must present a letter from the State of Ohio or the online school their child is attending for the current school year.
The Wayne County Public Library has meeting rooms available at most locations. Check with your local branch about scheduling events.
Below are links of notification forms, Ohio Department of Education information, Ohio Revised Code regulations, and the Christian Home Educations group in Wayne County. For more information, please contact the Children’s Department at the Main library in Wooster at 330-262-0916.
- Ohio Department of Education Home Education Information (http://education.ohio.gov/Topics/Ohio-Education-Options/Home-Schooling)
- Home Education Notification Form (https://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topics/School-Choice/Home-Schooling/HomeEducationNotificationForm.PDF.aspx)
- Academic Assessment Form Option #1 (http://www.h-i-o.org/sample_testing_assessment_form.html)
- Academic Assessment Form Option #2 (http://www.h-i-o.org/sample_narrative_assessment_form.html)
- Ohio Revised Code Regulations for Home Educators (http://codes.ohio.gov/oac/3301-34)