Our Digital Collection is Growing!
This week patrons will have five (5) Hoopla "flex" borrows that can be used at any time on available "flex" eBooks and digital audiobooks. "Flex" titles allow patrons to borrow new, popular, and high-demand eBooks and digital audiobooks. These "flex" borrows are in addition to the fifteen (15) Hoopla "instant" borrows that patrons may currently download each month with their library card. Both Hoopla "instant" and "flex" titles are accessible through the same Hoopla Digital app patrons are already using and enjoying.
As Hoopla "flex" titles will be purchased directly by the Library, we welcome recommendations from patrons on new titles to purchase for the "flex" borrows. Recommendations can be placed by patrons who are signed into their Hoopla Digital account through the Hoopla app or website.
Not familiar with Hoopla? With Hoopla, patrons can read, watch, and listen to more than 950,000 eBooks, digital audiobooks, comics, movies, or TV shows that are available to stream or download. Patrons can sign up for Hoopla for free with a Wooster Library card at hoopladigital.com (https://www.hoopladigital.com/) or download the Hoopla app from their favorite app store.
What are the differences between Hoopla "Instant" borrows and Hoopla "Flex" borrows?
- Patrons receive fifteen (15) "instant" borrows each month.
- At the end of the month, "instant" borrows expire and then the patron starts over with 15 borrows for the next month.
- Check out periods for "instant" titles vary depending on the format (book, music, movie, etc.) of the item.
- "Instant" borrows are always ready for check out and multiple patrons can have the same title checked out at the same time. There are no holds and no waiting.
- eBooks, digital audiobooks, comics, music, movies, and TV shows can be borrowed using "instant" borrows.
- "Instant" borrows are designated by a lightning bolt. This symbol is located above and to the left of the book/audio cover graphic.
- Patrons receive five (5) "flex" borrows that can be used at any time.
- "Flex" borrows do not expire like "instant" borrows do each month.
- "Flex" titles check out for 21 days.
- "Flex" titles can only be used by 1 person at a time, so they may not be available instantly. Patrons may have to place a title on hold and wait until the item is returned to check it out.
- If a patron reaches their 5 "flex" title limit, they can return a checked-out "flex" title and borrow another.
- At this time, eBooks and digital audiobooks are the only titles that can be borrowed using "flex" borrows.
- "Flex" borrows DO NOT count towards a patron's "instant" borrows.
- "Flex" borrows are designated by a refresh icon. This symbol is located above and to the left of the book/audio cover graphic.
Sign up for Hoopla here: https://www.hoopladigital.com/